Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Thank You to everyone from Brett Conrady

"I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to everyone that have sent well wishes and their prayers to my family in recent days. I cannot not even describe to you how much it means to know so many people were touched by Ross. This has been the most horrendous thing to ever happen to me and i cannot begin to descibe the pain i feel. Ross was not only was my little brother but my best friend and reading things on here and on his myspace page i can see he was close to everyone. I guess everyone has different ways of dealing with a loss, I have found mine to be my family,friends, myspace, and especially this website. Although some things i avoid on here, for the most part i check it a few times a day. It easier to know how much Ross was loved by his friends and the tributes they have been planning for everyone.

Tonight, my sister i participated in the drive out to the site. Although we didnt make it all the way out there, we led most of the way. This was a very special moment for us because i know how much Ross loved his truck and especailly loud exhaust!! I had not even started my truck since that tragic night but after hearing about this my sister knew we had to participate. It meant so much to my sister, me and my parents who watched at a family friends house the cars and especially those big, loud muddy trucks rumble by. I know it meant alot to my parents to see that tonight and alot to Breann and I for being able to be a part of it. Thank you to whoever thought of or organized this event tonight it really meant alot to so many people.

I want to especailly thank the creators of this website. It has helped me personally alot in the last few days. I want to thank the people that create those special tributes and post them on here for all to see. Finally, I want to especailly thank all of Ross's friends for the love and prayers for Ross. I always knew what an amazing person Ross was but its nice to see many people agree. Once again thank you and please keep everyone in your thoughts and prayers, Im sure i will have more to say once this all settles down but please be safe for now.

Thank You Everyone

Brett Conrady"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ross was top notch!! We'll always be here for you Bear. We love you.

Doug,Kendra,and Addelyn

John Coers said...

Brett our hearts and prayers go out to you and your family. He will be severely missed by all. Please call us if you need anything.

The Coers'
John,Annie,Chelsea,Austin,Alex,& Jayce and Alec Wibben

Anonymous said...

Brett,
You probably don't know me much. I've went to school with Ross since kindergarden at wl-b. Ross always had a fun time and there was never a dull moment when we hung out. He was a great kid, your parents should be proud. Mainly, I just wanted to say that I am extremely sorry. Help your mom, stay strong as I am sure you have already done, and send her, Dave, and Breann my sympathy.

dustin eimer

Anonymous said...

Brett~
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I can't even imagine what you guys are going throught, but I know you guys are all strong and will get through it together. I've known Ross ever since me and Breann hung out since highschool but back then he seemed so so young. He was always so funny when he would come get his haircut cause he was always so particular about his hair. Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you guys.

Anonymous said...

Bear-

We want you to know you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers! If you ever need anything give me a call! Miss ya brother!

Coop & Kendra

Anonymous said...

Brett, Matt showed us this site and it was comforting to see the tributes and messages left on this site and MySpace. It reaffirmed what we already knew; Ross was loved by many. He touched so many hearts (He had a way of doing that). Thanks to Bree and Christina in second grade, Ross and Matt became attached at the hip,the were a foursome with a special bond (doting sisters). Ross entered our hearts and was literally a part of our family. I always teased your mom we were going to adopt him. We loved him like a son and brother. Your family is in our prayers.

The Xamis'
Jim,Cathy,
Christina,& Matthew

Anonymous said...

Brett, Although I didn't personally know you, I knew about you. Ross was constantly talking about you and how he had to win state in FFA for his swine book, just as you did and your uncle. We would have numerous conversations dealing with FFA, and he would always say "I've gotta win. I just have to. I mean my brother did and my uncle so it's expected of me." Ross always had goals and mind and he would do anything in his power to make them achievable. He was a great man and I'm blessed to have spent time with him. I can't even imagine what it would be like to loose my little brother, and I want to let you know how strong of a person you are, as well as your entire family. This is a very tough time, but with the love and support that everyone has for Ross and the other victims, we can make it through this. Keep your head high, and you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Carly Holcomb