Tuesday, February 19, 2008

An email From Cori Barry friend of Katie McCarty

"I am a close family friend of the fourth victim, Katie McCarty, and I
just wanted to thank you for including her in your blog. It means so
much to her family and friends to know that, while most of you didn't
know her, you still have taken the time to remember her and her family
in your thoughts and prayers.

Katie, too, was always out to help people, and could always make you
laugh. When I read all of the wonderful things written about the other
kids, I can see why she was friends with them. They all seemed to have
a lot in common.

My heart goes out to all of the families and friends who have been
touched by this terrible tragedy. It is so hard to think about losing
Katie, but I can't imagine losing several friends at once. My thoughts
and prayers are with all of you. God bless.

Cori Barry"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've known Katie since she was a little girl. My youngest daughter is just a week older than Katie. They cheered together her Freshman year at Taylorville High School. My heart breaks for her family. I know that she was the light of their life. It's a horrible tragedy that so many young lives were cut short. It's broken my heart. Prayers to all of you who knew and loved these kids.

Anonymous said...

I'm a family memeber of Katie McCarty.. And I'm so glad to see that she was not left out on this Blog.. She was a very out going person.. And loved hanging out with Zach,Clark,Katie,Ross,Chris.. The weekend before this tragedy she was with them all having fun.. And what I have read about the other four kids involved in this tragedy they sound justs as great as our Katie was.. So make sure you all Hug your kids and tell them you love them everyday... God works in wired ways.. "ONLY THE GOOD DIE YOUNG"....
R.I.P~~~ KATIE, KATIE, ROSS,CHRIS. AND GET WELL SOON ZACH AND CLARK.. Your familys are in our prayers also...